Are we going back to ECQ? Just yesterday (August 09), the Department of Health Western Visayas Center for Health Development recorded 115 confirmed cases in Western Visayas with Iloilo City leading with 69 confirmed cases. COVID cases in Iloilo City have increased at an alarming rate and have even caused hard lockdowns in several areas in the metro.
Just today, the Iloilo City Government released several executive orders mandating the lockdown and closure of certain areas and establishments in the city. Here are as follows:
- Executive Order 125, imposing selective localized containment of particular houses at Simon Ledesma, Jaro until August 12, or until a longer period is required. In the EO, it indicates that there are at least five (5) positive COVID cases in the area.
- Executive Order 124, imposing selective localized containment of particular houses at Rizal Estanzuela until August 12, or until a longer period is required. EO indicates that there are at least four (4) positive COVID cases in the area.
- Executive Order 123, imposing a 72-hour localized containment of WNS at Iloilo Business Park, Mandurriao until August 11, unless a longer period is necessary. The EO indicates that there are at least two (2) confirmed COVID cases in the establishment – and that there are approximately 1,800 total personnel composed of WNS Iloilo and third party service providers for all three of the company’s sites, and approximately 200 personnel composed of WNS Iloilo and third party providers occupying WNS Iloilo located at the third floor of the three techno place building in Iloilo Business Park.
- Executive Order 122, implementing a localized containment for IQOR, Super, Pala-Pala 1 and 2, Tanza Baybay, San Juan Molo, North Baluarte, Cuartero Jaro, and the Fishing Port; and reiterating the strict observance of health protocols to prevent further spread of COVID.
Treñas Issues Safety Measures
Iloilo City Mayor Jerry Treñas enumerates the safety protocols imposed in the City of Iloilo to aid in the prevention of COVID. In a recent update by the Department of Health Western Visayas Center for Health Development, 93 confirmed cases in Western Visayas have been added (as of August 08) with additional 34 cases for Iloilo City alone. Moreover, several call center agents working in BPOs in the city have also tested positive.
Here are safety protocols imposed in the metro:
- Curfew in the city from 8:00PM to 4:00AM
- Mass gatherings, religious gatherings, fiestas, birthday celebrations, etc. are not allowed at the moment
- Ban on alcoholic drinks.
- Restrictions on the fishing port and mass testing on all close contact .
- Restrictions on BPOs.
- Moratorium on the arrival of LSIs and OFWs.
- Restrictions on the movements of senior citizens and minors.
- Work from home arrangements for individuals 55 years old and above.
- Use of face shields for all persons who transact business at City Hall.
- Use of face shields for all frontliners of City Hall.
- Suspension of the flag ceremony in the meantime.
- Lockdown of the affected call centers
- selective lockdown of some barangays