‘Don’t go home without it!’. Original Biscocho Haus, Iloilo’s 45-year-old pasalubong center has recently launched its online store. Butterscotch, Barquillos, Piaya, Pinasugbo, Barquiron are just some of the specialties of Biscocho Haus – and, of course, the crowd-favorite Biscocho.
Here are some specialties and its corresponding prices:
- Assorted Butterscotch – starts at Php 106
- Barquiron – starts at Php 66
- Biscocho – starts at Php 77
- Biscocho Principe – starts at Php 46
- Bisochoron – starts at Php 72
- Butter Toast – starts at Php 77
- Caramel Tart – starts at Php 58
- Cashew/Choco Polvoron – starts at Php 72
- Classic Butterscotch – starts at Php 77
- Galletas – starts at Php 53
- Merengue – starts at Php 77
- Original Barquillos – starts at Php 88
- Original Piaya – starts at Php 57
- Ugoy-Ugoy – starts at Php 48
Biscocho, ‘Bizcocho’ in Spanish referring to ‘Biscuit’, refers to baked bread topped with butter and sugar and is a popular specialty in Iloilo. The etymology of the word is related to the Latin phrase ‘Bis Coctus’ meaning ‘Baked Twice’. Biscocho Haus, meanwhile, was built in 1975. To date, it currently has a number of branches within the Panay Island – Jaro (Main Branch), SM City Iloilo, The Shops at Atria Park District, Robinsons Place Iloilo, Gaisano Capital Iloilo, Megaworld Iloilo Business Park, Molo, JM Basa and Iznart Street, Pavia, and Passi. Branches outside Iloilo include Kalibo, Roxas, Antique, and Bacolod.
Orders can be placed via the Original Biscocho Haus’ website. Payment can be made via online bank transfer, credit card, and PayPal. Moreover, shipping will be handled by either LBC or J&T Express.