President Bongbong Marcos SONA: Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Romualdez Marcos, Jr., 17th President of the Republic of the Philippines’ 2022 State of the Nation Address at the Batasang Pambansa in Quezon City.
- Sound fiscal management
- Increase revenue and productivity
- PH as ‘investment destination’ eyed.
- Imposition of tax to digital goods mentioned.
- Tax system to be adjusted to catch up digital economy.
- Middle-income status goal to be attained by 2024.
- Strengthen the foreign investment act.
- Increase production next planting season.
- Provide financial and technical aid to farmers.
- Improve agrarian reform program.
- Payments of land reform beneficiaries condoned.
- Strengthen agriculture value chain.
- Push modern technology.
- Build farm to market roads.
- Improve linkages to tourism spots.
- Strengthen ‘PH Brand’.
On Health and Social Welfare
- Operation centers for provision relief goods
- Emergency shelter during calamities
- Comprehensive assistance for individuals in crisis
- Clean list beneficiaries
- Specialized hospitals in regional centers
- Improve welfare health workers
- Face to face classes pushed.
- K to 12 to be carefully reviewed.
- Substandard school supplies must end.
- STEMS subjects need to be improved.
- Mandatory ROTC and NSTP pushed.
- Focus on renewable energy.
- Traditional and renewable energy supported.
- Nuclear power plant adherent to international standards.
- Provide incentives to natural gas.
- Environmental laws enforced.
- “Full speed ahead”.
- Ongoing projects will not be suspended.
- Private-public partnerships for infrastructure.
- Railway projects encouraged.
- Technological innovation improves governance.
- National ID pushed.
- Digitization to connect various islands.
- Broadband ng Masa for isolated areas
On PH Territory
- “I will not abandon one inch of PH territory”
On Priority Legislations
- National Government’s Rightsizing Program
- Budget Modernization Bill
- Tax Package 3
- Tax Package 4
- E-Government Act
- E-Commerce Law
- Initiatives to distressed enterprises
- Establishment of medical reserve corps
- National Disease Prevention Management Authority
- Virology Institute of the Philippines
- Department of Water Resources
- Unified System of Separation, Retirement, Pension
- E-Governance act
- National Land Use Act
- National Defense Act
- Mandatory ROTC and NSTP
- Law for the natural gas industry
- Amendments to EPIRA Act
- Amendments to Build-Operate-Transfer Law
BongBong Marcos SONA