Boracay is now open to the public. Acting Mayor Frolibar Bautista of Malay reveals that the swimming ban is now eased in the island. Swimming is allowed provided that health standards and physical distancing are observed. It can be recalled that Aklan is included in the areas allowed by the Inter-Agency Task Force to transition to Modified General Community Quarantine.
Moreover, swimming guidelines are as follows:
- Swimmers must register to the designated swimming area at the lifeguard station.
- Body temperature shall be taken before going to the swimming area.
- Observance of physical distancing of at least 2 meters.
- Use your own goggles and snorkeling masks. Renting is strictly prohibited.
- Swimming shall only be allowed from 6a.m. until 6 p.m.
The LGU Malay Facebook page also provided the eight areas are designated for swimming:
- In front of White House (Station 1)
- In front of Willy’s Rock (Station 1)
- In front of the Elizalde Compound (Station 1)
- In front of D’Mall (Station 2)
- In front of Mandarin Hotel (Station 2)
- In front of La Carmela (Station 3)
- In front of Paradise Garden (Station 3)
- Puka Beach (Barangay Yapak)