Cebu Pacific Advisory, as of July 28, 2020; 4:40pm: Cebu Pacific will resume flights from Manila to Incheon (Seoul), South Korea on August 6, 2020. However, passengers will not be allowed to travel from Incheon to Manila.
Below is the international flight schedule of Cebu Pacific:
- 5J 18 / Manila-Dubai / Every Sunday / 6:55pm (Manila time)
- 5J 19 / Dubai-Manila / Every Monday / 3:30am (Dubai time)
- 5J 194 / Manila-Incheon (Seoul) / Every Thursday / 11:55am (Manila time)
All other Cebu Pacific international flights remain canceled until July 31, 2020.
Passengers are reminded of the following requirements for international travel:
- Manila-Incheon (Seoul)
- Have a negative result on their PCR test report (validity: 96 hours)
- Travel and health insurance coverage valid in the UAE
- As required by the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority.
- Fill-up a Health Declaration Form
Upon arrival in Manila:
- COVID-19 RT-PCR test
- Mandatory quarantine procedures in approved facilities while awaiting test results
- Pre-register prior to departure from Dubai to expedite airport procedures. To save time, passengers are encouraged to pre-register and fill out the Electronic-Case Investigation Form (E-CIF) online at https://e-cif.redcross.org.ph/
- Have a negative result on their PCR test report from a duly recognized testing center (validity: 48 hours)
Upon arrival in Incheon:
- Mandatory 14-day quarantine at a designated government facility at expense of the traveler (Cost: KRW 1,400,000)
Those without any of these requirements may be denied check-in or boarding. Travel regulations issued by the governments of the Philippines, the United Arab Emirates and South Korea will be implemented as necessary and applicable.
Cebu Pacific and Cebgo are operating the following domestic flights from July 28 to August 31, 2020. All other previously scheduled domestic flights that are not listed below are canceled. The limited number of flights is due to regulations issued by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF), as well as limitations and restrictions set by the concerned local government authorities/units.
Local authorities may have specific requirements and regulations, depending on the destination. Guests are strongly urged to check with the concerned LGU first and select destinations that are closest to their residences. Passengers may be asked to provide their complete addresses prior to the travel date. Providing inaccurate information or incomplete requirements may result in denied boarding of the flight. Updated flight schedules may be checked via the Cebu Pacific website, https://bit.ly/CEBFlightSchedules
Cebu Pacific encourages passengers to manage their bookings online via the website, bit.ly/CEBmanageflight. Passengers on canceled flights may choose to place the full cost of the ticket in a Travel Fund valid for two (2) years; full refund; or opt to rebook to any other travel date within three (3) months, free of charge.
This is a developing situation hence the need to have an agile approach to the network schedule. It may be necessary for the airline to add or cancel flights at the last minute given the fluidity of directives from the national and local government authorities. Cebu Pacific will provide updates through our website and official social media accounts and endeavor to inform our passengers in a timely manner.
Cebu Pacific encourages guests to check the email addresses and contact numbers they provided upon booking for updates on their flights. Passengers who booked through travel agencies or any other third party are strongly urged to check with them for information regarding their flights before their travel dates. Before going to the airport, please check for real-time Flight Status on our website https://bit.ly/CEBFlightStatusCheck. Do not go to the airport unless you have verified and confirmed your flight schedule. For more information, frequently asked questions may be found here: https://bit.ly/CEBfaqs