In a recent advisory, Cebu Pacific announces suspension of domestic passenger flights to/from Manila – Aug 4 to 18, 2020 (as of Aug 4, 2020; 9am). All Cebu Pacific and Cebgo domestic flights to/from Metro Manila are cancelled from August 4 to 18, 2020, in line with the announcement of Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) over Metro Manila and adjacent provinces, and continued community quarantine over the rest of the country.
CEB will continue to operate the following domestic flights:
- Clark-Cebu-Clark, every Tuesday
- Cebu-Davao-Cebu, every Tuesday
CEB also intends to operate the following international flights:
- 5J 18 – Manila-Dubai – Every Sunday
- 5J 19 – Dubai-Manila – Every Monday
- 5J 194 – Manila-Seoul (Incheon) – Every Thursday
- 5J 5059 – Tokyo (Narita)-Manila – Every Wednesday / Saturday (Starting Aug 8)
- 5J 817 – Osaka-Manila – Every Friday (Starting Aug 6)
- 5J 807 – Manila-Singapore – Every Thursday / Saturday (Starting Aug 6)
- 5J 808 – Singapore-Manila – Every Friday/ Sunday (Starting Aug 7)
Flights between Manila and Taipei, along with all other Cebu Pacific international flights, are also cancelled during this time. CEB will also continue to mount all-cargo flights to ensure transport of essential goods across the country. We will also work with government at the national and local levels to assist stranded passengers.
Passengers on cancelled flights have the following options:
- Unlimited rebooking. Rebook to any travel date within three (3) months from original flight, with change (rebooking) fees and fare difference waived. If travel is after three (3) months, change fees are waived, but minimal fare difference may apply.
- Two-year Travel Fund. Place the full cost of the ticket in a Travel Fund, or a virtual wallet with Cebu Pacific. Valid for two (2) years, the Travel Fund can be used to pay for flights up to a year out, or purchase add-ons (e.g. baggage allowance, seat selection, etc.)
- Full refund. Passengers on cancelled flights are entitled to a full refund. However, due to the unprecedented volume of requests for refunds, the process may take at least four (4) billing cycles.
Anyone of these options can be availed by managing bookings online via the Cebu Pacific website (https://bit.ly/CEBmanageflight). Customers who booked through travel agencies or online booking sites must coordinate with them to manage their bookings or claim refunds.
From Cebu Pacific: This is a developing situation. We may adjust flights depending on government regulations. We will contact passengers through the email addresses and mobile numbers provided upon booking for any information regarding their flights. We shall also provide updates through our website and official social media accounts. For questions or concerns, passengers can send a message via https://bit.ly/CEBrequest . For more information, frequently asked questions may be found here: https://bit.ly/CEBFlightReminders