Iloilo City Government, via a social media post, calls for participants for its ‘Iloilo City 83rd Charter Day Celebration Photo Contest’. The contest calls for participants that can contribute photos that represents the city’s beauty and charm, especially in the new normal. Photos may be about tourism and destination; culture, people, and history; customs and tradition; and food and local products.
“We are looking for Ilonggos whose visual creativity and skills captured a photo that represents the city’s beauty, charm and uniqueness featuring the theme: Ilonggos at the Forefront of New Normal.” – excerpt from a social media post by the Iloilo City Government.
Guidelines are as follows:
Who can join?
- The photo contest is open to all Ilonggos in the city and province of Iloilo.
- There are two categories:
- a. Professional/Amateur Photographers
- b. Students/ Novice Photographers (student may use celphones/gadgets in taking photos)
When to start taking pictures?
- All pictures must be taken between August 1, 2020 until August 21, 2020 only.
- Entries must indicate when the pictures were taken.
How to join?
- 1. Post a photo on your Facebook.
- The photo must depict the tagline “Ilonggos at the Forefront of New Normal”:
- • Tourism and Destination
- • Culture, People and History
- • Customs and Tradition
- • Food and other products
- Tell us more about your photo in the caption.
- Don’t forget to use the hashtags#IloiloCityat83 #IloiloCityGovernment #UswagIloilo
- Make sure to set your account to ‘public’ to qualify.
- Don’t forget to LIKE and FOLLOW the Iloilo City Government on Facebook
(@iloilocitygov) and Jerry Treñas (@JerryTrenasOfficial).
- Email the photos in high resolution (at least 2MB and a max of 10MB in size)
- With your name, address, contact and category to email@example.com
- You can post your entries until August 21, 2020, 11: 59 PM only.
- Photos will be judged based on the following criteria:
- 40% – Content and Adherence to the Theme
- 30% – Artistic Value and Communication Potential of the Image
- 20% – Technical Excellence and Quality
- 10% – Uniqueness and Originality
- 100% – TOTAL
- The announcement of winners will be on August 25, 2020
- via the official Facebook page of the Iloilo City Government.
- The photo must depict any of the 4 themes.
- Tourism and Destination
- Culture and History
- Customs and Tradition
- Food and other products
- Each contestant can submit up to five (5) photo entries only.
- Entry must be the contestant’s original work.
- You may use any photography equipment except photos taken by film camera, fisheye lens, and stitched panoramas are not eligible.
- Photos should be landscape or portrait, at least 2MB, and a max of 10MB in size.
- Global enhancements only. Photos must be ORIGINAL and in COLOR. (Not black and white or monochromatic.) The addition and subtraction of objects are not permitted. If the judges determine that a photographer has altered his or her photo, they reserve the right to disqualify it. Picture cropping must not exceed 25% of the actual photo; no borders/frames.
- The photo must not contain any copyrighted material including artworks and other photos.
- Entry must not contain date stamps, watermarks, or any text on the image.
- Entry must not have been awarded in any other photo contests and/or commercially published whether for news, advertising, or otherwise.
- Contestants must agree and comply with the Official Rules.
- The contest organizers have the right to modify all or part of the Contest Rules at any time and for any reason without incurring any liability.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions. For questions or concerns, please contact Iloilo City Government on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org