The Department of Tourism has recently launched an online platform listing tourism spots that are now open for visitors amid the COVID-19 threat. The website (https://www.philippines.travel/safeph) provides a comprehensive guide for tourists who wish to travel in the country.
“Public safety announcement: The Philippine Department of Tourism (DOT) is ensuring that tourism stakeholders implement the safety protocols and series of precautionary measures set by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Department of Health (DOH), and is promoting habits that the public can adapt to contain the spread of the COVID-19,” excerpt from the tourism website.
The website also provides answers to the following questions:
- Which places are under MGCQ, GCQ, and MECQ?
- Who are allowed to travel under General Community Quarantine?
- What is allowed under General Community Quarantine?
- What industries are allowed to open under General Community Quarantine?
- What are the conditions in visiting Boracay Island?
- What are the updates on restricted local inbound travels?
- …and more.
To see the comprehensive list, visit https://www.philippines.travel/safeph.