In light of the COVID-19 situation, Globe Telecom will provide a 30-day bill payment extension for all its postpaid customers nationwide – including business and enterprise clients nationwide an extra 30 days from the due date to settle their monthly bills.
“Globe understands that during these difficult times, the need to be connected and informed on the latest developments in the fight against the global pandemic is very important to everyone. Globe believes the extension of the bill payment will be one less worry for our customers especially during these difficult times,” Ernest Cu, Globe President, and Chief Executive Officer said.
The move is in support of the government’s call for people especially in Metro Manila to stay at home and practice social distancing to minimize possible exposure to the virus. To track down data usage, subscribe to offers in order to get more data, or pay bills, Globe customers may download and use the GlobeOne app or the Globe At Home app free of charge. GCash is also an available option to settle their bills at their own convenience.
Aside from the 30-days bill payment extension, Globe has provided free and unlimited internet connection via its GoWiFi services at select hospitals in Metro Manila to help medical front liners, patients and their loved ones remain connected and informed. GoWiFi is available at the following locations until April 15, 2020:
- Manila: Chinese General Hospital, Metropolitan Medical Center, Philippine General Hospital, Manila Doctors Hospital, QualiMed Manila – PGH Area, Gat Andres Bonifacio Memorial Medical Center, Ospital ng Tondo, Ospital ng Maynila
- Makati: Ospital ng Makati
- Taguig: Manila Naval Hospital and St. Luke’s Medical Center – Global City
- Pasig: The Medical City and Pasig City General Hospital
- San Juan: Cardinal Santos Hospital and San Juan Medical Center
- Quezon City: Philippine Heart Center, Lung Center of the Philippines, National Kidney and Transplant Institute, St. Luke’s Medical Center, Capitol Medical Center
Globe customers can also access the official sites of the Department of Health (DOH) and the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRMMC) free of data charges to stay updated on the latest pronouncements coming from the government on COViD-19.
Likewise, Globe and TM customers who subscribed to KonsultaMD may get in touch with a doctor via the 79880 telehealth hotline without incurring mobile call charges. KonsultaMD has removed the P1 per minute charge for calls to the 79880 mobile hotline to make it easier for the public to avail of medical advice anytime they want to. Aside from convenience, this service aims to decongest hospitals and immediately get medical advice especially on symptoms of COVID-19.
As more companies implement telecommuting and work from home, Globe continues to remind customers to be conscientious when using the internet by avoiding the use of torrent as this practice hogs bandwidth and negatively impacts other internet users.