In a recent post on social media, the Iloilo City Government conducted mandatory mass testing for all returning city government employees and frontliners at the Freedom Grandstand today (May 18). It can be recalled that, as of May 16, the entire Iloilo City is placed under General Community Quarantine.
“Importante gid nga masigurado naton nga COVID-19 free ang aton city hall. Adlaw-adlaw kita nga nagabaton sang tawo sa aton mga talatapan kag kalabanan sang aton mga government employees nagaatubang gid sa tawo. Gani, ang tanan nga returning employees sang Iloilo City hall nagpaidalum sa ginahiwat nga mass testing sa Freedom Grandstand,” states Iloilo City Mayor Jerry Treñas.
Treñas reveals he is thankful for the cooperation of government employees.
“Nakahapit ako didto kag nakita ko gid nga nagakooperar man ang aton mga empleyado. Nagapasalamat man kita sa ila kay kung hindi bangud sa ila kooperasyon kag suporta, indi ini matigayon. Together let’s continue in uniting and helping each other for the safety and security of all. Batò Iloilo! Kaya ta ‘ni!” Treñas adds.
In an amendment made by City Mayor Jerry Treñas in the recently signed Executive Order 75, a gradual resumption of work for the Iloilo City Government has been imposed. It is as follows:
Gradual resumption of work for the Iloilo City Government:
- Phase I which will be from 18 May to 22 May, 50% of the workforce shall be allowed to report to work
- Phase II which will be from 25 May to 05 June, 75% of the workforce shall be allowed to report to work
- Phase III which will be from 08 June to 19 June, 100% of the workforce shall be allowed to report to work
Moreover, The Iloilo City COVID-19 Task Force and the City Health Office are also tasked to conduct a review and appraisal of the situation in Iloilo City regarding the possibility of local transmission, through COVID testing and collating the results to evaluate the extent and scope, the measures taken to arrest the possible spread of contagion and other important factors.
Review Period is as follows:
- Phase I or a period of 7 days from 16 May to 23 May
- Phase II or a period of 14 days from 24 May to 06 June
- Phase III or a period of 14 days from 07 June to 20 June