I have to say Iloilo City is crazy – crazily crazy when it comes to food. ‘The Shops at Atria Park District’ is like a gastronomic version of ‘A Walk to Remember’ – once you’ve been there, you’ll never ever forget the experience – the flavor, the taste, and the occasional ‘kilig’ that accompanies every bite. Mr. Phil’s Bistro is no exception. Good food is a way of life in Iloilo, so they say, and Mr. Phil’s embodies that philosophy in every meal they serve. Best part, we got the amazing opportunity to dine out our curiosity there.
- Cheese Jalapeno Nachos. Have to say, this is one appetizer to die for.
- Phil’s Chicken Wings. You can have your wings in different ways: Phil’s Original Wings, Butter Garlic Parmesan Wings, Spicy BBQ Wings, Buffalo Original Wings, or Honey Sriracha Wings. These wings are either served with bleu cheese sauce or dou cheese sauce. I highly suggest the butter-garlic-parmesan and the original. And by the way, the spicy bbq is not for the faint. I mean it when I say it’s spicy – I actually downed a tall glass of water for this.
- Burgers and Sandwiches. You can also choose from a variety of burgers and sandwiches: Phil’s Original Burger, burger double, burger triple, Footlong Overload, Shogun Burger, Bleu Cheese Burger, or Philly Cheese Steak. These burgers are easily identified by the flags that come with it. Original (U.S. flag), Shogun (Japanese flag), and Bleu Cheese (French flag).
- Entree. You can choose from a variety of entrees – all served with mashed potato/rice and buttered vegetables. Experience these sumptuous dishes: Baked Salmon, Glazed Salmon, Pan Seared Salmon, Ox Tongue, Beef Teriyaki, Salisbury Steak, and Baby Back Ribs. I recommend them all – everything stood out. I definitely love the blend of garlic and mashed potato in their Salisbury Steak, t’was definitely to die for.
- Desserts. A favorite of everybody. Can’t help but commend the Dunk’d Oreo – oreo cookies in baked batter with a drizzle of chocolate syrup beautifully arranged around a scoop of vanilla ice cream sprinkled with cinnamon – and heck yeah – more chocolate syrup. It’s was a hallelujah moment for everyone.
Overall, the gastronomic experience at Phil’s is one-of-a-kind. After the experience, Phil’s will surely be a personal favorite. Make it yours too. Mr. Phil’s Bistro is located at The Shops at Atria, Mandurriao, Iloilo.