In a social media post via Iloilo City Government page, Iloilo City Mayor Jerry Treñas shared a statement explaining that he is ‘doing everything to keep Iloilo City safe.’ It may be recalled that Trenas released several executive orders mandating the lockdown and closure of certain areas and establishments in the city.
Here is Trenas’ statement:
“I am doing everything to keep Iloilo City safe. I do so with a game plan which I follow. I only react to the rising numbers of COVID positive patients and to prevent the rapid community transmission in the city. Some are saying there is a drama, some cannot understand the curfew, some want to drink beer, some want to serve food and alcohol up to 9pm. I am sorry, I was voted to ensure the safety of everyone and not to serve your whims and caprices. If I made a mistake, so be it. There is always an election that you can vote me out,” states Trenas in a social media post.
“In the meantime, I will do what I understand is best for our city and the Ilonggos given the recommendations made by the COVID team and the COVID Task Force composed of medical doctors including infectious disease specialists and epidemiologists,” he adds.
To date, the following executive orders have been issued:
- Executive Order 126, imposing selective localized containment of particular houses at Calumpang, Molo until August 12, until a longer period is required. The EO indicated that the area has at least five (5) positive cases.
- Executive Order 127, imposing selective localized containment of particular houses at Guzman, Jesena Mandurriao until August 12. The EO indicated that there are at least four (4) positive cases in the area.
- Executive Order 125, imposing selective localized containment of particular houses at Simon Ledesma, Jaro until August 12, or until a longer period is required. In the EO, it indicates that there are at least five (5) positive COVID cases in the area.
- Executive Order 124, imposing selective localized containment of particular houses at Rizal Estanzuela until August 12, or until a longer period is required. EO indicates that there are at least four (4) positive COVID cases in the area.
- Executive Order 123, imposing a 72-hour localized containment of WNS at Iloilo Business Park, Mandurriao until August 11, unless a longer period is necessary. The EO indicates that there are at least two (2) confirmed COVID cases in the establishment – and that there are approximately 1,800 total personnel composed of WNS Iloilo and third party service providers for all three of the company’s sites, and approximately 200 personnel composed of WNS Iloilo and third party providers occupying WNS Iloilo located at the third floor of the three techno place building in Iloilo Business Park.
- Executive Order 122, implementing a localized containment for IQOR, Super, Pala-Pala 1 and 2, Tanza Baybay, San Juan Molo, North Baluarte, Cuartero Jaro, and the Fishing Port; and reiterating the strict observance of health protocols to prevent further spread of COVID.