In a social media post via the Iloilo City Government page, Iloilo City Mayor Jerry Treñas appealed to the national government to prioritize COVID, and to not get distracted with ‘other matters’. It may be recalled that he recently issued safety protocols imposed in the City of Iloilo to aid in the prevention of COVID.
To date, here are safety protocols imposed in the metro:
- Curfew in the city from 8:00PM to 4:00AM
- Mass gatherings, religious gatherings, fiestas, birthday celebrations, etc. are not allowed at the moment
- Ban on alcoholic drinks.
- Restrictions on the fishing port and mass testing on all close contact .
- Restrictions on BPOs.
- Moratorium on the arrival of LSIs and OFWs.
- Restrictions on the movements of senior citizens and minors.
- Work from home arrangements for individuals 55 years old and above.
- Use of face shields for all persons who transact business at City Hall.
- Use of face shields for all frontliners of City Hall.
- Suspension of the flag ceremony in the meantime.
- Lockdown of the affected call centers
- Selective lockdown of some barangays and mass testing of all contacts.